ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, October 17, 2011

Back In Aruba - We Did Get Our Extension This Time!

Bon Dia di Aruba, nos ta den e pais di nobo!

We had a great week this week.  We had some great experiences finding some people that were awesome, but they didn't make it to church yesterday, so we're going to have to check in with them this week and see what we can do to help them come this next week.  But we were blessed with two new people who came to church with friends for the first time, my favorite!!!!  So, we will hopefully be able to get into contact with them and I hope that we can help them receive the blessings of the gospel in their lives!  Sorry, I would try to be more specific if I could, but it's kind of hard to tell who is really progressing with not many investigators coming to church.

To answer your question, we get tourists a lot, probably like at least half or more of the weeks, but we haven't had any for the last couple of weeks unfortunately.

And no, even though we have tickets out of Aruba for transfers in November we still don't know where I'm going to serve next haha, because they bought fully refundable tickets to Curacao to get us back into the country this time.  So we can't tell from the tickets where I will go.  We had about the same problem getting back into Aruba this time, but we went straight to the government office and got the time that we needed for an extension, so we're good now!

That's awesome about Chandler!  Is Whitney the sister of Andrew Prince?  (Our good friend and old home teacher Chandler Weight got engaged this weekend!  We are excited for him and shared the news with Jeff.)

Haha, Leah was exactly right, those twins names are Austin and Aubree Randall We should see if we're related.  Their younger brother is in Leah's grade, his name is Lincoln, tell him I say hi for me, he's a friend of mine.  Austin is actually in Washington right now I think, it will be cool to see him when I get back.  (We went to Golf Land over fall break and reminisced about the last time we were there with Jeff.  That time we ran into a family there and raced gocarts with them.  Jeff knew some of their kids from school, twins his age.  We couldn't remember their names for sure but we knew Jeff would remember if we asked him!)

We are doing good here, just still trying to find those who are ready and help them to progress through the Gospel.  I know that if we keep trying, that the blessings will come.

I am so grateful for the hope that the Gospel brings into my life.  Truly, it is the source of the greatest hope on earth, the hope of peace and happiness in this life, and the promise of Eternal Life in the life to come.  How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, which makes that hope possible.  Because He conquered the world, we can move forward, everyday, without fear.  Truly, there is hope in the future for all of us, no matter what our trials may be, no matter what we are going through, I testify that there is always hope, that through Jesus Christ and His Gospel we can find the love and hope that we need to press forward.

I love you all, sorry to be so short, but I'm running out of time!  Keep me updated on my teams!  I'm so glad Highland finally won!

Elder Jeff DeSpain

P.S.- A couple pics from Curacao are attached.  (Henry will add them to the blog this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment