ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hola! I got your email and I had the chance to read it early today! I also got a bunch of dearelders and some letters last night, thanks for all of the mail! Wow, I can't believe that Shawn has already given his talk! And Trent will be leaving soon! I can't believe how fast time is flying, it is unreal to think that it will be September in like five days. Wow, I'm getting close to the field! That's crazy!

So Leah hurt her ankle at Jumpstreet too, huh? Which one? I hurt my right one, so if it's her right one too then we really are just cursed. Well, you know, maybe I hurt my tendons and ligaments too, we don't really know because they just took an x-ray. I guess I was just more of a man about it than Leah, haha, JK Leah! I know that those hurt really bad and definitely use the crutches! Ah man, if I could do that over again I would so use the crutches! It makes such a difference in the healing of your ankle, if you don't use them, then your ankle will hurt for waaaaayyy longer! (Three of our kids have gone to Jumpstreet. Two of them came home with ankle injuries - Jeff and now Leah. Our family probably shouldn't go to that place anymore!)

Oh I thought of one thing, please make sure that Mr. Hayward (Head Athletic Trainer @ Highland High) is on the email list, if you don't have it, please have Leah go to his classroom and ask him for it. In fact, you don't even need to because you can probably find it in my stuff or on the school website. Thanks!

Oh no, what a bummer for Kade! Ah, that stinks, I'm sorry, but I know he will just shake it off and keep going, he's got a great attitude! (Our cousin had a little fender bender with the car that he has only had for a couple of weeks. Everyone is fine. The car is the only thing hurt so that's a blessing!)

So we just got the native group of elders and the Latinos in today, so now the real Spanish starts. Almost everything will be in Spanish now, so I'll really start learning it now! We had a group of Haitians that were here, but they left on Tuesday and now we got the Natives and the Latinos in. The Haitians spoke French, so we couldn't practice Spanish with them.

We actually play basketball outside in the parking lot. It's pretty interesting actually because we play in the parking lot on three (two now that one is broke) rims and we're right in the shadow of the Temple. Not many people get to play basketball that close to a Temple!

We got to go to the store on Tuesday, so I got some food and it rocks to have snacks now! I heard that Dad told Grandma not to send me cookies every week! I can use whatever you got, so keep 'em coming! Haha! I'll be able to buy more snacks when I get into the field.

So I got my hair cut today and the barber said that the baseball league here is a big deal. I was talking to him in Spanish, so it was kind of hard to understand, but I think he said that the league is the one run my the MLB, so that's sweet! The MLB runs a winter league down here and I think it's classified in their minor league system, so I think that's a big deal here!

Tonight our district gets to sing a special musical number which is Army of Helaman in Spanish. I love the message of that song. I too have truly been born of goodly parents, better than I ever could have asked for. Not only have I been born of goodly parents, but I have been blessed to come from a long line of great people in a great family. I pray that I can honor the two names I wear on my tag, one representing all of my righteous ancestors who have come before me and most importantly one representing Jesus Christ, my Savior, my advocate, my hope. Everything I am, and everything I ever want to be and will be is in and through Him. He is the very reason I am alive and any hope or happiness that I have in this life is in every way because of Him. I pray with everything I have and that I am and ever will be that I can honor those two names, and most importantly the name of Jesus Christ. I want to serve Him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength, I owe everything to Him. I know that He can work miracles in my life and He can work miracles through me. I want so much to serve Him with everything that I am and only look to Him, only follow Him.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you! All of my family and friends, I am blessed beyond measure. I love you so much!

-Elder Jeff DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment