ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Temple Week!

Bon Tardi kerido Famia i amigonan,
 
Really sorry.  I forgot to tell you that it was Temple week this week so our P-Day was moved to Wednesday. 

So today I got to go the Temple.  Wow, it has been almost a year since the last time that I went because I was in the islands, but that was a huge blessing from the Lord, so I had to give up some other blessings in order to receive that one.  The Temple was great, there is always such a special Spirit there.  I am so grateful for that, and for that place where I can always go to escape the world.  It was awesome to be back!  I never recognized before my mission what a blessing it was to be able to go to the Temple whenever I wanted to.  I attached three pictures of us at the Temple. The people are all of the office elders, and then President is in some of them with his wife.  They are such good people, I love President and Sister Hernandez.  My companion is Elder Ellis who is to my side, and then the Dominican Elder on my other side is Elder De La Rosa, he will be my next companion, and then there is Elder Linares, the other office elder who was the companion of Elder Ellis and who is training Elder DelaRosa.  Then there is Sister Hernandez and President Hernandez, and then there are the Assistants.  The taller one is Elder Green (Way cool, from England, Kade's mission, the Bristol Stake) and the American one is Elder Mecham, who was actually trained by Elder Blake, just like me.  Great Temple day.

I have been speaking Papiamento a lot more than I ever thought that I would not being in the islands.  Every week it seems like I've been having to call down there and talk with somebody for something, and I talk to them in Papiamento.  It's been a bigger blessing from the Lord than I thought learning Papiamento, I'm still able to use it even in the office in Santo Domingo!

Jonathan got baptized on Saturday, but then he never came to Church on Sunday.  We called him twice and twice he told us that he would be there in fifteen minutes, but then he never came, so we are still trying to work with him to help him get confirmed this Sunday, otherwise he will have to get baptized again from what I understand.  But we'll just try our best and then the Lord will help us out with the rest. 

Things have been great in the office.  I am loving it so much.  This is such a blessing from the Lord.  This calling is something that I love to do and at the same time is preparing me for the future.  It's way busy, but that's a good thing.  I just hope that everything goes OK next week when I go solo and start having to do everything by myself.  But, I know that the Lord will help me out as long as I try my best.
 
Other than that everything is going good here.  I am so grateful for the blessings that the Lord has given me.  It is truly amazing to look back and see times of trial in my life, and how hard it was and sometimes how hopeless I felt, and then to see that it was followed by great blessings, and great times in my life.  Sometimes I wish that the younger, struggling me could have seen me during the times of blessing that came after my trials.  I know that we all have our times of trials and difficulties in our lives, and I know that sometimes we might even feel hopeless, and like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but I have learned that the Lord knows what He is doing, and that He knows us perfectly, and that He always knows where we are, and perhaps most importantly, He always knows how we feel-personally.  And in my life, I have seen that if I'm going through trials, then that means that blessings are on the way, but sometimes I have to wait to receive them.  How grateful I am for my Heavenly Father's love, for His Wisdom, and for His perfect plan for each one of us, and for His Son who descended below all things and conquered all things.

I love you all and can't wait to talk to you!

Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment