ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, December 19, 2011

Wonderful, Hectic P-Day!

Hey family and friends,

I'm doing great, but there's almost no spare time today, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to write much.

Jonathan didn't come to Church, so we will have to keep working with him trying to help him be re-baptized, and then get confirmed.  He got a job, and that is what has made things so hard.  But, we've tried to explain everything to him, so he will just have to show his faith.

I think that should be everything.  I talked with Dad about the time for the Christmas call.  You call me at 12:00 PM your time, 3:00 PM my time if that's alright.  I love you bunches and am so sorry that I can't write more.  Today we had a Christmas Party and transfers, so it has been crazy!

Love,
Elder DeSpain
 
(Later, we received a little bit more.  It's below.)
 
Hey, I finally got the chance to sit down for a little while longer.  So there will also be a new AP coming in to be trained this transfer.  His name is Elder Jensen.  He is way cool, he is from my group that I came out with, so we were in the CCM together.  Kind of a random fact, his little brother played the boy Joseph Smith in a clip on the Porter Rockwell movie that we have at home when Joseph and Porter are walking together.  

Thanks Dad for the football update.  I cannot believe that my Cardinals won again!!! That is so awesome!!  Wow, what a season!  What about ASU?  How are the Suns looking this year?  Tell Grandma Weech thanks so much for me for sending me the sports section of the AZ Republic, that was such a treat to me and kind of a tender mercy to me!  I've been soaking that up because we don't get much of that at all!
 
(Henry asked what Jeff's responsibilities are with transfers.)  They have asked me a lot of different things that they needed to know about the islands.  We have had major problems with legal permission for missionaries to be in the islands, especially in Curacao, so I have been working with them and with the Church Lawyer and Curacao and Aruban Immigration personnel for the last six weeks on that issue.  For now, the permission in Curacao got taken down to 90 days, not sure why, and not even sure when, but that means that we will have to be sending a new missionary in and one out every single transfer.  My companion, Elder Ellis, is actually getting transferred there.    

For transfers, part of my responsibility is that I drive leaving elders (elders who have finished their mission) to the hotel where they stay the night and then in the morning at 2 AM we wake up and go and get them and then we take them to the airport to catch their flight home, and then we go to the MTC here and get the new missionaries!  It is sweet.  
Things are going great here in the office.  It is busy, but that is a good thing.  Things are great, I'm loving the jobs and responsibilities that I have, and I'm getting training while I'm at it.  I am so grateful to the Lord for the opportunities that He has given me in my mission.  It has been amazing!

Keep up the great work, I love you so much and can't wait to talk to you!

Love,
Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment