ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, January 31, 2011

Running Water Might Be On The Way . . . Maybe

Saludos!


Yes, both debit cards are now working, thanks Mom! I think there must just have been a problem that day with international cards or something. (Hooray! He has access to money again!)

So to answer your question about the water, we have to go downstairs and fill up buckets from a faucet that is in another guy's house beneath ours. But as we speak there is a man that is helping us out and hooking up some piping for us right now so that we can get water and won't have to get it out of buckets, haha! That will really be a blessing!


(We had asked Jeff how the stuff in the fridge stays cold if the electricity is off a lot.) Ya, the electricity is off like half of the day, so we just kind of keep the door closed, but we open it from time to time and a lot of times the stuff just gets kind of warm, but luckily most of the stuff here is made to be able to sit without being refrigerated, even the milk!!! Can you believe that? They pasteurize it really specially here.

Yes, Guachupita is in between Las Guandules and La Cienaga. It's part of the same area I served in before this one, Maria Auxiliadora B. Mostly it's La Cienaga and Las Guandules down here, then up some more is Guachupita, and then above that is Maria Auxiliadora, and I know it all like the back of my hand now, haha!

We think that we didn't heat the oil up hot enough when we cooked, and we think that that's what made us sick. So, now we know, haha, but luckily The Lord is watching out for us and we just got a good night's sleep and we were all good! What a blessing!

So we are cooking for ourselves right now, but there's a lady that we buy breakfast from that is going to try to open up a cafeteria thing, so I think that we are hoping to go there once it is open and be able to by lunch there. We can get some soup packets here for cheap if we want, so don't worry about sending that. It's just the cereal that we need! Wow, what a luxury that is, haha! That way, as long as we have milk, we are good to go and we can have some cereal whenever we want. Thank you so much for sending that package with everything and the shoes too. And tell Grandma thank you for me too, I'm really sorry, I have been horrible at writing the Grandmas!

Well, this week was good. We had 12 investigators in Church and Heavenly Father blessed us with the great privilege of finding another family, and they went to church also!!!! What a great privilege that is. They liked it, and they really seem like a great family. I only know them as Wellington and family, because Wellington is their son and he is the first one that we met. I just feel good around them, and that is so awesome. They are going to be a great family in the Church. Wellington already has a fecha (must be a baptismal date) for the 12th of February, and we are going to have to wait for the Mom, because she has to get married I think. But wow, what a blessing!

Well, once again I am so grateful for the Love, the Power, the Mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, our Life, our Light, our Redeemer. He is the One that always knows, that is always with us, that will wait with us, stay with us, weep with us, and comfort us, even when no one else will. He is always there, and He is always listening, and I testify that He always knows. Even when no one else knows how we feel, when we feel alone, forgotten, lonely, cast out, afraid, or miserable, I testify that He is there, and He knows exactly how we feel, and He has felt worse than whatever we're going through. When no one else could, He knows, and He is beside us always. I am so grateful for a Savior who loved me so much that He walked every second of my life, every trial that I'll ever have to pass through, and He is always there with the answer to my problem, to my struggle, to my trial. He is the one who can conquer and overcome, heal and give peace. Again, I testify that He knows you, whoever you may be, by your name, that He knows your fears, your shortcomings, and most importantly, He knows your potential. We all have so much potential to bring about good, and through Jesus Christ, we can!! Through Him we can bring about so much good, and I am so grateful for Him and for His Infinite, selfless, grand sacrifice, for His everlasting love, and for His forever outstretched hand, there to lift us up and make us more, better, all that we can be. I am so grateful to My Savior for giving me hope!

I love you all very much and thank you so much for all that you do and have done for me and for the examples that you have set for me and that you continue to set for me. I am blessed beyond measure to know each and every one of you, and thank you so much for your influence in my life!

(We asked if he was getting any relief from the dizziness that has plagued him for the last several weeks.) P.S. My dizziness is getting better! What a blessing from The Lord! And I can't attach any pics because I don't have my camera, sorry! And that pic from last week is from our balcony, looking out across Las Guandules and the Ozama River (very dirty). There's also a big tower on the other side of the river, I'm not sure if you can see it because I'm not sure if I got the panorama picture sent or not, but that is actually like a Dominican version of something like a Walmart. It's called La Sirena. Thank so much and I love you!!!!


Love,


Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment