ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, January 16, 2012

Feeling Better!

Bon nochi di Santo Domingo,

I am feeling much better, in fact, completely normal, so no need to worry!  I am eating and functioning normally again.  In fact today I had a toasted sandwich and cheese fries, so I´m officially good!

Wow, I can´t believe that Alex is back already!   (Jeff's friend Alex Helvig just returned from his mission in Salt Lake City and was the companion speaker for our High Council speaker this past Sunday in our ward.)  That is crazy, and Emily is on her mission now, wow!  (Another friend Emily Williams just left on her mission last week!)  Zach is for sure going to Australia?  That is so awesome!  When does he leave.  (This is another friend of Jeff's, Zack Smith.)  I can´t believe that Matt still hasn´t received his call!  Man, I remember having to wait for mine too, it seemed like took forever!  (Another friend, Matt Olsen submitted his papers the same day as Zack.  Zack got his call at least 10 days ago and poor Matt is still waiting for his to come.  Jeff had to wait an extra long time also.  It's hard to be patient when you are ready to go!)

Jonathan actually came to church again yesterday, which is great!  He came with his friends too.  We actually were able to set a baptismal date with a couple new people that went to church already.  Their names are Jeremías and Juan Carlos.  They are good guys that really want to come unto Christ.  

This week was pretty good, just busy.  It seems like I can´t even remember all of the things that we have done every day by the time that I get back to the house.  We got to go to a place called Sabanah de la Mar.  It was amazing.  There were some gorgeous views there, and it was the countryside, we call it the campo here.  It was awesome.  And, when we were in Sabanah de la Mar, after we finished up, we went up to the coast that is right there in Sabanah de la Mar, and you could actually see all the way across the bay to the other peninsula that is in the northern part of the island where a lot of the tourist things are, and I took some pictures of it, so I will try to send them to you.  (They are on the blog.)  The peninsula is called Samana.  It was quite the view, spectacular.  It was about a 3 hour drive too, so it was sweet, I´ve never got to do anything like that before.

I´m sorry, we don't really get a normal p-day here in the office so I´m out of time, but I love you, and thanks for all that you do for me.

Love,
Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment