ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, January 23, 2012

Very Busy Week!

Bon Tardi!

Sorry, today has been super busy, so there´s a chance that I might have to be kind of short with my email.  (We asked if his health was still good this week and if his "guide wire injuries" had healed up from the early morning jog a couple of weeks back.)  I am still feeling great, doing awesome!  I think what I had was just a little bug. Haha, I had forgotten about when I ran into the guide wire while I was jogging, I´m all better from that too!  In fact, now we are playing basketball in the mornings, so I am doing just great. 

This week was great, just another busy one.  We are in the process of getting all of the houses set up for the next transfer, and that is kind of an adventure.  We actually got to go out to another part of the campo (from what we understand this is the area outside the city which they call the countryside) on Saturday to a place called Los Llanos.  It was sweet.  We were looking for a house to rent there for missionaries to live in, and we had to look for about 8 hours before we finally found one and talked with the landlord in order to get it set up so that we can pay her and get the house set up there.  It was pretty sweet.  Interesting too, the Church there actually shares the property with another church, don't know that I've ever seen that before.  But all went well there, and then we got to eat some Mexican food at a place called Paco's Tacos.  It was great.  We are being blessed by the Lord greatly.  It has been a wonderful experience to get to see more of the Dominican Republic!  Unfortunately my camera batteries died, so we couldn't take any pictures, but we will have to go back out there later this week, so I'm hoping to be able to send you some after that trip.

Jeremias and Juan Carlos are doing good, the only thing now will be helping them to keep following through.  They are doing good, in fact Jeremias told us that he felt like he has received the answer that the church is true, it's just now a matter of helping them get to church every week and help them understand the importance of the Gospel.

I can officially tell you this now.  I had to wait for the call to be official first.  There is a couple that will be coming to the mission to serve as Temple workers named Diana and Dennis DeSpain.  I don't know for sure who they are or how we are related, but President asked me if we were related.  I figure that we are, it will just be a matter of figuring out what the relationship is, haha.  Wow, I can't believe that the Hawkins are coming down here!  That is crazy!  I have everything I need for right now, but thanks though!

Wow, that's sweet that Matt finally got his call!  Wow, tell him congratulations for me.  Man, I'm just going to miss him, that's too bad!  But that's how the Lord wants it then.  What about Zack, when does he leave?  Will I get a chance to see him?  That is crazy that everybody is going on missions, I can't believe how fast time is flying.  (Two of Jeff's friends Zack Smith and Matt Olsen got their calls recently.  Zack is going to Australia and Matt is going to Tennessee.  The crazy thing is that they submitted their papers on the same day, but if we understand correctly Zack received his call in two to three weeks but poor Matt waited five weeks!  We admire his patience!)

Other than that everything is good.  We are doing great and being blessed by the Lord.  I think that one of the biggest lessons that I have learned on my mission is that blessings come after trials.  If I can trust in the Lord and have enough faith to keep on pressing through when trials come my way, then the Lord will pull me through, and He will bless me when I'm on the other side of my trials.  I know that that is true for all of us.  I know that the Lord has a perfect plan for us and that He knows the trials that we are going through and the reason that we must go through them.  I am so grateful for His love, and for His perfect plan.

I love you all!

P.S.-  I attached several more pictures from when we went out to Sabanah de la Mar.  Also one of me driving, sorry if I repeated any of them.  (There will be a couple of new pictures on the blog later tonight!)

Love,
Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment