ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Great Talking To You!

Henry received a few lines on Monday of this week.  Jeff said that he wouldn't be able to write that day because he and his companion had to make a trip to the Campo (countryside) so they would try to take their P-Day on Wednesday.  This is the letter we received Wednesday.

Bon Tardi!

It was awesome to get to talk to you on Sunday! That was big blessing from the Lord. It really was a big aid and help to me. It was so nice to be able to hear you all again and feel your support. I love you!

Today has been a little crazier than we expected, sorry. That is why I'm writing so late. This morning we got a call from Sis. Hernandez (Mission President's wife) and they needed us to pick up a couple of elders and take them to a physical therapy place because one of them is having neck problems. Nothing serious, it's just that it's been bothering him at night and things like that, so we took him in, and then we needed to get him an X-ray, so we took him to Cedimat (we always use that hospital for the missionaries) and we got an x-ray for him there. But President is such an understanding man, he moved a meeting that him and the Assistants had for tonight so that we could take the rest of the day and evening as our P-Day. I love President and his wife. They are straight thinking people who seem to understand life in general and how things go some days.

Alma's Baptism went good on Saturday, it got started late, but that's nothing new here, haha. She had a daughter, and I think two sons come to the baptism, so that was awesome that she could have support from her family at her baptism. I feel kind of bad because I haven't been able to go to a lot of the appointments that my companions have had with her to teach her. I've had to stay in the office with the Assistants a lot of times to do the different things that need to be done right now as the Financial Secretary. On Saturday I was trying to take care of the support payments, so I just had to leave it while we had the baptism, and then I came back and was working on it until it was time to go home. But, in the end, all I can do is my best, and that's all that the Lord has asked of me, so I guess I'm doing the best that I can.

Man, you guys didn't tell me that Dad was going to have his surgery! You think that it's going to scare me, huh? Wow, they removed part of his uvula? That is crazy, haha. But I hope that he is feeling better.

I'm doing good here, just going to be time to start preparing for the audit. It's a little bit of a bear to tackle, haha, but I'll do my best and the Lord will make up for the rest. That's what life is about, right? That has been a big lesson for me in the office. The Lord has taught me that I just need to try my best, and after that, try not to worry too much. I guess that's part of trusting Christ and having faith in His Atonement. I'm not perfect, nor will I be in this life. I just need to try my best, know that I'm not perfect, try to be better and repent if needed, and then leave the rest in the past and trust that Christ has made up for it. It seems like that's a way that we learn to trust in the Lord and grow.

So how are all of my teams doing? Is the Pac-12 still the Pac-12? How is ASU Baseball? What about the Diamondbacks? How is Highland doing?

I will try to pick a new camera up. I can use the one that I've got for a little while if I've got tape to hold it together, but I think it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a new one. The next time that we are in a mall to deposit checks, I will try to look into it.

I love you all! I attached some pictures of our road trip on Monday and one of the baptism on Saturday.  (Pictures are on the blog!)

Have a great week! I think that we are going to have to email on Saturday this coming week because the elections are on Sunday and we will be in the house on Sunday and Monday, so we will need to email before that. Elections can be a little bit dangerous I think, but I'm sure that we will be fine here in Gazcue, and everybody will be fine because we will all be in the houses, so there is no need to worry.

Love,
Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment