ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Bon dia!
 
I'm really sorry that it has taken me so long to write! I love you all, I promise, I have just had so many things and deadlines that I haven't been able to sit down and take out some time to write.  We were supposed to write on Saturday because of the elections on Sunday but we had to take someone to the doctor instead that day and I had to finish up stuff in the office so that I was good to go for this week.  We did get to come in to the office today after all so I am writing today.  

Things here are good, I have been busy all week with financial secretary work, and I think that this week I'm just going to have to try to take out time for the audit and save everything else that I can for later.  

Happy Birthday Dad!  I hope that you have a great day and that you can get a good birthday dinner soon! I hope that your recovery continues well, and sorry that it's taking so long.

Wow, I never knew that Leah got her braces off! Wow, I can't believe that you are graduating Leah! I wish that I could be there, but I will get to see you soon enough after you're all done! Congratulations, and enjoy it! Tell Megan hi for me too!  Wow, so now the missionaries from Grandma Joy's area are writing you, wow! Let me know how that goes.

Todd, I got your video from your drum solo man, great job! Wow, that is so cool, I always wanted to play the drums, but I never was that good at the rhythm, but you are really good at it man! I can't wait to get to see you play when I get back!

Bob, I've been seeing all of your videos of your football plays that Dad has been sending me, and you are doing great man, you are a tenacious defender! Much better than I ever was. Keep up the good work buddy!

I would like to talk to Brother Richardson some day too! He served in the same area that I have served in for a majority of my Mission!

I am busy here, but doing very good. A little bit tired, but good. It has been a great learning experience for me on my mission and especially in the office to see that all I can do is the best that I can do. I think that many times I and many other people like me beat ourselves up for not being perfect. I've learned a little bit more in my experiences in the office that I can just do the best I can, and that is not perfect, but that is ok, and it's what the Lord expects of me. He knows that I am not perfect, but that I am doing the best that I can. If I do my best, then the difference between that and perfection is where the Atonement applies. The Lord will make up for the rest if I just do my best. I am so grateful for that Eternal, Infinite Sacrifice.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder DeSpain


No comments:

Post a Comment