ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, May 28, 2012

The elections went well - no incidents!

Bon nochi famianan i amigunan stimá!
 
We had a great p-day today. I finally got to play some basketball and have fun, it was the first really good P-day that I've had in a while. A great blessing from the Lord!

Well, it sure does feel like I've been busy non-stop over the last few months, but it's been such a blessing that it's been busy work doing things that I like. That has been a really big blessing from the Lord. He has blessed me so much, I cannot think of any other way that I could have served that I would have enjoyed more than what I have been able to do being in the office and serving in the ways that I have served here. What a blessing it has been.

It's been amazing for me to see how much the Lord will bless us for going through our trials, if we will keep walking faithfully through them when they come. It seems to me that my mission has been kind of like one big lesson of that. Life always seems to have it's challenges wherever we may be in it, but it has been amazing for me to see that as I started my mission and went through the first part of my mission, it wasn't easy, in fact, I went through many moments and situations that I might classify as trials. But, as I did my best and kept pushing through, the Lord, little by little, most of the time without me even noticing it, actually helped me move forward through my trials, and to the other side of them where I found many, many great blessings. That's not to say that it's easy now, but I definitely have seen miracles in my life and I think I have grown and I feel that I am very blessed now for passing through the trials at the beginning of my mission. I know that sometimes we have to wait for the blessings that come from passing through trials, but I know that the Lord knows us perfectly, and everything that happens to us happens for a reason. I also know that the Lord will always go with us through our trials, because He knows exactly how we feel, even if that is hard to feel sometimes when we're actually going through things. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He knows us personally and knows personally how everything feels that we have to go through in this life, the good, and the bad. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who has a perfect plan for us. How grateful I am for that knowledge that comes through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Juan Carlos did not end up getting baptized on Saturday, but he has a baptismal date for this coming Saturday, and he already passed the interview, so hopefully everything works out there good. I feel kind of bad because I haven't really been able to be in a lot of the teaching appointments with him lately either, but I'm doing the best I can, so I guess that's what counts.

The elections here last Sunday luckily didn't end up being too bad, people were able to go out of their houses by Monday night. It was kind of quiet on Sunday too. We actually left our house both days because we took pills to a missionary on Sunday, and then on Monday we had to come in to the office and work.

This week was zone conference, so I did a big presentation on the new policies that we are putting in place here. Hopefully everyone doesn't think that I'm a grump, we're just trying to get everything in line with the Church Policies.

I hope that Dad keeps getting better! I see that you were able to go to Leah's Graduation, good deal. Congratulations Leah! Haha, I remember being a little bit scared when I graduated, but you're going to love college. It's a great transition!

Wow, I can't believe that I'm next on the wall of plaques, haha. I never thought that day would come. Pretty crazy. (There is a plaque case on the wall outside our Bishop's office with a missionary plaque for each missionary currently serving from our ward.  We told Jeff this week in our letter that his plaque is at the top of the list now which means he is the next missionary to come home!  Our case is totally full which is awesome!  Just before Jeff gets home we will have a total of 17 missionaries serving from our ward!) 
 
I saw that Andrew Lebaron spoke in our ward too, I can't wait to go to some ASU games with him again when I get back!

Well, I love you all. Thank you for all that you do and for the examples that you are to me! I am so grateful that I got to come from such a wonderful place and grow up with such great examples all around me. I love you!

Elder DeSpain

P.S.- Sorry that I didn't send any pics today.

No comments:

Post a Comment