ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Last Week . . .

Written 07/09/12:


Hey,


This week went well, it was just crazy and busy again.  We had several more missionaries go into the doctor because of knee or joint problems.  We had another one have to go home this morning.  That makes four in this transfer for medical reasons, that's too bad, but the Lord knows what each person needs in their lives.  We have been going a lot to a place called Rehab.  There is a physical therapist that works there, and the area doctor for the Church likes that doctor, so he usually sends the missionaries there who have problems with joints.  We actually get to work with the Area Doctor a lot, which is kind of cool.  He and his wife are really cool people.  Anyway, because of all that we've been pretty busy.

I think I'm going to have to go, but I'll write more later.  I love you!

Elder DeSpain





Written 07/13/12:


Bon tardi famianan i amigunan stimá

Wow, I am so sorry that haven´t written until now.  Things have been pretty crazy getting ready for the check up that they did on the audit today.  We worked until about 1:00 AM on Wednesday night because they said originally that they were going to come on Thursday, but then the lady from the Central Offices called on Thursday and said that she couldn't do it until Friday because she had a bunch of stuff going on in the office.  So, they came today, but I actually wasn't here for the audit.  They came, but I was right next door in the Church House in the High Council room at an employment course that they give every transfer to the  missionaries who are leaving.  It was pretty much just a workshop on how to get a job and what to do with resumes and interviews and things like that.

The audit went well, when I came in at the end there were a couple things that we needed to go over, but there will always be some things because it's an ongoing process.  The lady from the Central Offices told me that I did a great job, and that I had worked very hard and basically that I was done.  That feels really good.  It's so nice to be on this end of it and be able to feel that I have accomplished something.  It has been a great opportunity, and  I have learned a lot through what I have had the privilege to do here in the office.  I can't believe that it's all coming to an end, it came faster than I thought.  Today is probably for the most part it for me in the office.  I will probably help with some things on Monday or Tuesday when we go to the airport, but other than that, I'm for the most part on my last day here, but you never know.

I can't believe how close I am to seeing you all, haha, it's unbelievable to see where I am and how far I have come.  

I can remember saying goodbye two years ago in the airport and walking off as a rather scared young boy.  Wow, so much has happened since that day, it almost feels like it has been a "mini" lifetime sine then.  I feel like I have learned so much and like I have come a really long ways.  I don't think that I ever imagined I would be where I am when I was starting my mission, and during the trials that I had on my mission.  It has been a wonderful experience, and I feel like I have learned lessons from my mission that will bless me for the rest of my life.  It has been wonderful to see the Lord work in my life.  He helped me overcome some of my weaknesses while I was on my Mission.  I am not perfect or even close to it, but I do feel like I was able to improve on many traits and qualities in my life through serving a mission.  How grateful I am for the Lord and His perfect Plan in my life.  I know that He lives and loves every one of us and that He knows us by name.

Well, I can't wait to see you all and be with you again.  I will try to call from the airports if I can.  Thank you so much for all that you do and for the wonderful examples that you have always been to me.  I love you and I will see you soon!

Love,

Elder Jeff DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment