ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Crazy Week - Guess That's The "Norm" Now!

A couple of quick notes this week from Elder DeSpain - 


Sent Monday 6/25:


Bon nochi!

I'm good, we just had another kind of crazy day, someone got taken to the airport, and then we had to haul about 50 battery kits, which included about 100 actual car size batteries from the truck into the closet that we have here, so I'm just getting a chance now to get on the email.  I will have to write tomorrow probably, sorry!  I love you!

Sent Thursday 6/28:

Hey, really sorry, we're just still really busy.  I got a ticket today for running a red light, that was kind of a bummer, haha.  I think it converts to about $40 USD.  I'll just pay it using my debit card.  Last night we had a pretty late night, we worked until 4 AM, but we got some sleep after that, and we're going to keep trying to get some more rest.  I'm doing good, love you!

Sent Saturday 6/30:

Bon Nochia famia di mi

I'm going to take out a few minutes and try to write something a little more in depth for once, haha.

I am really sorry, I have just been really busy with all of the stuff that has been going on here.  Last Monday we all went and took a missionary with a hurt leg to the airport so that he could head home for treatment there.  I think he just has like a bad sprain of some sort in his knee.  There have been many medical problems lately, so it's kind of hard to keep them all straight.  

This week, we had interviews from Tuesday to Friday I think, and it was pretty crazy.  It's pretty crazy to think about, but this is the last time that I will see a lot of them, because I don't think that there are major meetings after the interviews.  We had several people get sick and someone had to go from the field into the CCM this week, so we were very busy taking people around.  People actually haven't been so much of "sick" as what I would classify as "hurt".  We've had several knee or leg problems and a shoulder problem come up in the last week.  We took all of them to a physical therapist and then to get some imaging done that the physical therapist wanted them to get done.  

The guy that went into the CCM went in because he actually entered the field without ever going through the MTC.  That's what happens down here now, when there is a Dominican that is going to a foreign country and thus a foreign MTC, they send them straight into the Mission Field with us before they send them to the MTC.  It's pretty interesting, but in a perfect world, they go into our mission until their visa comes, and then they go into the MTC that they were originally assigned to in their call.

President said we could take some rest today, so hopefully that will help me get up and going good again.  It's been pretty stressful, but I'm doing the best that I can and I'm hoping that I can re-prioritize to see if I can take the stress down a little.  I guess I can only do the best that I can do.

I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you on Monday!

Love,

Elder Jeff DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment