ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Release in the House . . .

Saludos Mom!

Congratulations Mom! Wow, thanks for being such a great example of faith to me Mom. You didn't know how you were going to get all of that stuff done with Dad being the Bishop and you being the Stake YW President, but you showed your faith because you did it anyway without knowing. It's like in the Bible when the men carrying the Ark of the Covenant had to cross a river. Heavenly Father promised them that they would make it across safely, but they had to get their feet wet first. They acted on their faith, and then the Lord blessed them. Just like in Ether 12:27. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for always being such an unbelievable example to me of faith! (I was released from my calling as Stake YW President yesterday and we told Jeff about it in our letters.)

Things are great here in Guachupita! We are doing good, and no rain! It stopped raining, but apparently there was an earthquake here this week one morning at like 1:00 in the morning! There are some elders that live on the fifth floor of a building in the other side of our area, and I guess they woke up because the building was shaking! We didn't get woken up. Our apartment is on the third floor, haha.

It is pretty humid here but the Lord has blessed me so much so that it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm so blessed that I came from a hot area! It helps me deal with the heat out here. But now the temperature gets really nice at night. It gets cool!

(We asked Jeff how his clothes were holding up and also asked him to send some more ideas for Christmas because we need to mail his package out this week.) My clothes are doing great! I could use some more toiletries because those are really expensive here. Also, if there is anyway that you could send cereal in my Christmas package, that would be so awesome! I can get milk here, but to have cereal would be awesome! It costs a lot here, and it would be an amazing treat! But no sweat if it's too hard to send. Here are some other ideas I thought of for the Christmas package, thanks so much for asking! It would be sweet to have a family history book or more than one of them. I'm talking about like the journals that we have from David Henry Weech or the History of the Gila Valley or Mount Graham or something like that.

I actually write you from an Internet center. I'm right down the street from our house right now actually! I just got your letter with the other Priesthood talks and the memory card. Thanks so much! If you sent the other letter with the two memory cards in it to the DR MTC then ya, it might still be coming, ha ha! Oh, and we went in to the office today and I got another package from Grandma Joy! It has so much good stuff in it, the stuff to make green chili burros and candy! Tell her thanks so much for me! And the frosting on the cookies that she sent me earlier made it here fine!

Things are going great here! The Lord has blessed us beyond measure! I think that we may need to start focusing a little bit more on helping people keep their commitments. I think that many of them may still lack a strong testimony and conviction of the truthfulness of the Gospel. We really struggle with getting people to come to Church. As well, the investigators that are progressing need to get married, haha. But, we keep doing everything that we can and then we leave the rest up to the Lord! I know that He knows how hard we are working.

We had one great experience this week. We actually were trying to find a lady that was running away trying to hide from us and we came across a couple of guys sitting in lawn chairs out in the street. We stopped and asked them if they had seen the lady. They said no, but we contacted them and invited them to church. One of them asked us why we were called by the name "Mormon." We actually started to teach the first lesson to him, and he was so ready for the Gospel! A couple of times I wondered if he was already a member and playing a joke on us. He understood the Gospel so well! What a privilege it was to teach one of the elect of God! I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for that opportunity.

We had three baptismal dates for this week and about two more for the following week, but none of them came to Church, so we only have one for this week now because the other ones haven't been to Church enough times yet. All is well though, we just do the best we can, and I know that The Lord will work everything out!

Like you said in your last letter Dad, sometimes it may seem that you are doing everything right and nothing's working out. We really are blessed and I should be counting my many blessings and they are many! It will be a payday when a family's life is changed for eternity! I just got to keep trying!

I thank Heavenly Father more and more for the unbelievable family that I was sent to. I truly was blessed with the best family in the world. You know, we were visiting a member family a couple of days ago and they have an inactive daughter who just had a baby. I just thought wow, that kid got just got sent to a mom that doesn't go to church and is inactive. How blessed beyond measure I am to have a mom and dad who always took me to church and taught me what was right. I truly was born of goodly parents.

I am so grateful for the love of our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that Jesus Christ walks with me every step of every day, and I testify that He walks with each one of you who read this letter. He is walking beside you right now, and He knows you by name. He loves us so much, and I am so grateful for Him!

Thank you so much for all that you do and I love you so much! I'll talk to you later!

-Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment