ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Monday Letter!

Bon tardi kerido hendenan di mi!

You were right, it was a very busy week! We had the audit on Tuesday, and it went well. Two of the ladies from the Central Offices of the Church in the Caribbean came over to do it. Their names are Dayanara and Francisca. I talk to them all the time on the phone, like everyday probably. It´s kind of funny, one of the sisters that baptized Dayanara lives in Queen Creek, AZ!!! Pretty crazy, and Dayanara says that she actually goes down to Arizona every couple of years it sounds like, so the next time that she is down, you can meet her! I work with her all the time, she is kind of like our boss and helps us know what to do.

Anyway the audit went well, they seemed impressed because we actually found the audit form online and just went through the whole audit and filled out the questions before they even came, so we knew all of the questions that they asked us, and we even had the true or false stuff already marked many times on the questions, so they said they were quite impressed that we had practically done the whole audit before they even came. So, thinking of it that way, it went well.

Despite how well they thought that we had done in the preparation and cleaning up of the policies and filing, there are many things that still need to be fixed. One thing will be that we will need to review all of the housing contracts that we have in the Mission because of some issues that we have there. There are probably about 80 of those contracts. We need to do that as well as go back to 2011 and do some more filing for that year.  There are several other procedures that either need to be done differently or just set up and started.  We also need to go and try to get copies of missing receipts that we need. So we have thirty days to do all of that.  (Guess that works out well since Jeff has about 30 days left in the mission!)

Thanks for sending the debit card, I should be getting it hopefully in this coming week.  I´ll send you an email to let you know once I receive it so that you can activate it.

So, is Leah all set up for school? She's going to love ASU. It's a good thing that you chose to take another class, you will really be grateful that you did that later on.

Happy Father's Day Dad! I hope that you had a great day.

I don't recognize the name actually of the guy that asked you if you were the DeSpains, my family, at Stake Conference. Wow, I can't believe that Amanda Hansen is leaving on her mission! Tell her best of luck for me and that it's too bad that I can't see her before she leaves!  (One of Jeff's good friends from high school leaves for her mission two weeks before Jeff gets home so they won't get to see each other.  Bummer!) 

Things are going good here, we've been in the office a lot trying to train and learn, do an audit, pay everybody that needs paid, and getting all of the new items for the houses ready, and sometimes it seems like we're doing it all at the same time, haha. There is a big housing project that President Hernandez started here so that the missionaries can live a little more comfortably. He is such an understanding and loving man. He and his wife had visited some of the missionary housing and were pretty astounded at the overall quality of living that they were living it, so he has been working for a long time to try to make the missionaries more comfortable and help them have nice, clean housing. This week we were able to get microwaves, blenders, irons, and toasters (which were also waffle irons) to a good amount of the missionary houses. The missionaries are going to be really grateful for those blessings!

I'm busy, but that's a good thing, everything here is going good, I'm just a little tired. I still can't believe how far the Lord has carried me in my life and in my mission. He has changed me and helped me overcome so many things on my mission. I am so grateful for His Plan and His Love. I know that He knows all of us, that He will always help us pass through our trials, whatever they may be, and however hopeless they may seem to us.

I love you all, I'm sending a picture of me and Elder Perschon so that you can see us both!  (Elder Perschon is the missionary that Jeff is training to take care of mission finances.  The picture has been added to the blog!)

Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment