ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

ELDER JEFF DESPAIN

Monday, April 30, 2012

Transfers Again!

Bon Tardi!

It's been another pretty crazy week.  We had transfers, and then I had support payments to do, so there was quite a bit of work this week, but I'm doing good, just grateful that it's something that I like to do.
Elder Delarosa got a new companion.  His name is Elder Marte.  He is a good missionary, he's a way nice guy.  He is being trained by Elder Delarosa and then next transfer he will go solo and I will train someone probably and then they'll be the next companionship in the office (Elder Marte and whoever I train). 

Thanks so much for helping me out with my scholarship stuff and getting registered at ASU!  That has been a huge help for me!

So, Elder Irizarry is a new missionary that we have here, I can't remember if I told you yet, but he got in on Monday night, and he is from Gilbert, he went to Highland High!  He graduated in the same year as Matt Olsen I think.  He said that he actually used to hang out all the time with Matt and Zach Smith and Logan Williams before the mission.  That was sweet!  I got to be here when he first got here from the airport, and so I got to meet him right when he got into the field!  He knows a lot of people that I know actually, it's pretty crazy the people that we know in common.  He knows Aly Weech too!  Pretty crazy, haha.  I think he graduated like two years after I did.  His name is Jake Irizarry.  They are in what was the Highland Stake from what I understand.  Was there a recent stake split over there?

Things are going good here, we've got two people that have baptismal dates here.  One is a lady named Alma.  She is a lady that has been attending Church and investigating for about 2 years, but we just came into contact with her because she recently moved.  She lives now in the Gazcue boundaries.  She was actually going to Church in the neighboring ward called Villa Francisca, but the Assistants were able to give her to us as a reference.  She is probably the most ready investigator I have ever met.   She knows all kinds of stuff about the Gospel.  We can for the most part ask her questions about the Gospel and the Church and she can answer us without us explaining anything.  It has been a huge blessing from the Lord to be able to teach her.  I guess she hasn't been baptized yet because she wasn't married to her husband, but just recently within the last little while they got married!!!  What a blessing!  Wow, that is such a blessing.   She has a baptismal date for the 12 of May.

We are teaching another man whose name is Juan Carlos.  He is a good guy, he is actually a family member of a couple who have been investigating the Church for like more than 2 years I think.  Their names are Ulda and Domingo, and they aren't married, and she has problems with her papers, so they are waiting for that, but Juan Carlos is just living with them, so he can get baptized.  He is a good guy, and he really wants to follow the Lord.  His baptismal date is for the 26th of May.  The Lord is really blessing us.  We are seeing success!

I am so grateful for the Lord's Plan for me.  I have to come to see that as long as we put our trust in the Lord and keep moving our feet forward, the Lord will help us overcome whatever problem we may have.  I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for His infinite love.

I love you all!

Elder DeSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment